A few years back, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I share these lists here, and report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My November list focused on wrapping up a major writing project. Here’s what I was able to get done in the last month:
- Traveled to Washington DC for a conference. I had a work trip in the very beginning part of the month and it was a bit of a whirlwind. I flew in one day and flew back home the following day, but left the conference with some important leadership strategies that I can immediately implement.
- Read Iron Flame when it released. I loved reading Fourth Wing earlier this year and I ended up re-reading it before I dove into Iron Flame. It was so fun to do a deep dive with both of these books over the Thanksgiving weekend.
- Turned in my book manuscript. The deadline for the revisions to the second edition of The Blended Course Design Workbook was the middle of November, so I spent the first couple weeks of the month wrapping up all the final tasks for that project. It was a major relief to get this sent off to my publisher.
- Went for a hike. This was an item on my fall bucket list that I wanted to complete before the weather got too cold. I ended up driving across town to hike a trail on the west side of Denver. It was very memorable because I almost ran into a moose that was snacking by the side of the trail!
With all the final book tasks, November felt like a very long month. Now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items! I’m ready to launch into December and see what this final month of the year will bring.
Here are some of the items on my December to-do list:
- Finish 10 annual goals. I had several goals this past year that required monthly engagement (these are my 23 goals for 2023), so in this final month of the year a bunch of them will get wrapped up. (I’m also excited to share soon about the secret goal I’ve been working on this year in celebration of my 40th birthday.)
- Draft a winter bucket list. I’ve really been enjoying creating seasonal bucket lists this year (check out my spring break list, my summer list, and my fall list). I’ll be drafting my winter bucket list this month and sharing that soon as well.
- Prep business services and tasks for 2024. As in previous years, I plan to use at least part of my winter break to get ahead with some business tasks for the New Year. At minimum, I’ll be creating some templates for podcast show notes, brainstorming for my 2024 content calendar, uploading new event posts for my online community Prolific, sending the kick-off email for my coach training program, and getting recurring tasks organized in Asana.
- Finalize my 2024 goals. With the end of the year coming soon, I’m ready to finish the final draft of my list of 24 goals for 2024 and do some planning for how I can accomplish them. (I’ll be sharing these goals on the blog and the podcast in the first week of January, so stay tuned!)
I’m really looking forward to this upcoming month! What are you looking forward to in the month of December?