One of my favorite things to do each year is to set annual goals.
This activity helps me to think about what I want to spend my time, energy, and attention on in the coming year. What do I want to prioritize? What do I want to let go of? What do I want to put off to a future year?
For 2023, I decided to focus on goals that I would be motivated to work toward, but that would also help me to keep a nice balance between work and fun.
Like I have in the past, I also chose several goals that will take a while for me to achieve, so that I can look forward to working on them all year long.
Also, similar to last year, you’ll also see that I left four slots empty for goals that I want to add during each quarter of the year.
(To hear me talk through this year’s goal list, check out this podcast episode.)
Without further ado, here are my 23 goals for 2023:
- Read 300+ books throughout the year (see what I’m currently reading by connecting with me on Goodreads).
- Read at least 23 books each month in 2023.
- Complete an alphabet reading challenge each month (choosing a random letter and picking 5 books from my Kindle that start with that letter) to read more books that I already own. (I loved this so much last year that I decided to do it again!)
- Complete a self-designed Book of the Month Challenge where I read at least 24 books from the BoM club list in 2023.
- Complete/get current on 23 book series throughout the year.
- Read Patricia Cornwell’s entire Kay Scarpetta series (26 books).
- Read Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Archives series (6 books).
- Read L.M. Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables series (8 books).
- Keep up with posting at least two videos per month to my YouTube channel related to books and reading (you can see my videos here).
(You can also see me chat about all of my reading-related goals in this video).
Goals that support my wellness & health
- Practice intuitive exercise.
- Take at least a week of vacation off from work.
- Get a massage.
Professional and Personal Development
- Listen to at least five podcast episodes each month.
- Celebrate turning 40 in a way that’s meaningful to me.
- Journal through all the questions in Debbie Millman’s The Remarkable Life Deck (“a ten-year plan for achieving your dreams”)
- Pay off 20% of our mortgage.
- Watch the entire Dawson’s Creek television series.
- Watch all the X-Men movies.
- Listen to every Taylor Swift song in album order.
- TBD for Q1
- TBD for Q2
- TBD for Q3
- TBD for Q4
What are some of your goals for 2023?