As I mentioned earlier this year, I’m writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I thought it might be interesting to share these lists here, and to report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My August list focused on wrapping up a lot of summer projects as we head toward the fall. The month went by really quickly, and this is what I was able to accomplish:
- Complete the somatics coaching course I started in April. Done! I learned a ton in this course about how to incorporate more embodied practices into my coaching and I also added a ton of new books to my to-read list. This was a great investment in my professional development.
- Release season 4 of Coach to Coach. Done! The first four episodes of season 4 are out this month, and the remaining episodes will be released in September. In season 4, I’m focusing on sharing some fundamental components of coaching, and you can listen to the latest episodes here.
- Wrap up summer programming. Done! As of the end of the month, I’ll have wrapped up the summer writing group (it was so fun!) and the second cohort of my coach training 101 course (I love this group so much!). Winding down these groups is a great signal for me to transition to fall.
- Continue my YTT and yoga exploration. In August, I listened to season 1 of the Yoga is Dead podcast, completed watching the content from my decolonizing yoga course, and completed my practice sessions for my YTT on asana and meditation where I had to perform in front of the other students! That last piece was a little nerve-wracking, but it went great.
- Return to content creation! Done! I dove back into podcasting and blogging this month and it’s been wonderful to have a space to reflect and to reconnect with listeners and readers.
And now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items! I’m ready to welcome September and begin to shift into my favorite season of the year. I love the fall weather and the final wind down of the last months of the calendar year. I already put in my fall tea order (lots of chai!) and I’m excited to enjoy my first fall season in Kansas.
Here are some of the items on my September to-do list:
- Ease into a new role at my day job. Along with a lot of other changes this year, my role at work will be shifting this month. I’m transitioning from overseeing one team to managing four teams. I’m excited for the challenges and new growth opportunities that this will bring my way as our campus continues to strategize in response to COVID-19.
- Setup my new office space. I decided to create an office space in my house that’s a little more permanent for my work-from-home time. I already have one office for my side business (that I plan to maintain as a separate space for tax reasons), so this will be another space that I can have a desk, chair, and bookcase for during the day when I’m taking video calls and working. I’ve never been more grateful that we have a large enough house to accommodate not just one, but two work spaces for me.
- Complete my YTT! My yoga teacher training course that I began in June finishes this month, so I’m really excited to work my way through the remaining materials, take my exam, and submit my practicum video (I have to show myself teaching someone else in a yoga session for 20 minutes to pass the training). This learning experience has been a really special part of my year and I’m really thankful that I decided to pursue it.
- Launch more coach training! Two additional coach training courses (201 and 302) begin in September and run for the next several months. I’m looking forward to working with the participants of the two current cohorts in these courses. I’ll be opening enrollment for the first 2021 coach training cohort in October, so stay tuned (or you can sign up for the waiting list here).
- Read a lot of books and watch a lot of movies. August was a packed month, so I’m looking forward to carving out some downtime in September for reading and relaxing with some movies. Have any must-reads or must-watches that you want to recommend? I’m all ears!
It looks like I’ve got a pretty full plate this month! What are you looking forward to in the month of September?