As I mentioned earlier this year, I’m writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I thought it might be interesting to share these lists here, and to report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My July list focused on my “Restful July” project where I take the month off of content creation. The month went by so fast, but I was able to do the following:
- Complete a CEO day. Being Boss hosted a CEO day to focus on business planning for the remainder of the year on July 2, so I took a vacation day to think through business tasks and goals for Q3 & Q4 and to start thinking toward 2021 plans. This was a great opportunity to focus on dedicated time on business planning and I appreciated being able to reconnect my business goals with my values.
- Begin outlining my 2021 business services and programs calendar. I wasn’t able to completely do this for all programs and services, but I did get the coach training calendar together and that felt like a win.
- Complete my new coach training website. This is done! You can now find all the coach training information at https://higheredcoaches.com. I really enjoyed creating this new spot for coach training information and I look forward to adding to it over time.
- Record season 4 of Coach to Coach. I had high hopes to do this in July, but I ended up shifting it to early August so that I could use the latest Prolific writing retreat day to make solid progress on recording.
- Complete 4–6 weeks of prep for my YTT program. I’ve been trying to stay at least one week ahead in this content, and I’ve been able to do that throughout July. I’m now about halfway through the program!
- Continue reading fiction. I read about a dozen books in July (some fiction and some nonfiction) and I enjoyed every moment. Summer reading is the best kind of reading. Come find me on Goodreads if you want to see what I’m reading lately.
And now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items! August will certainly be an interesting month as my campus is planning to reopen to students in the next couple of weeks. I’ll be keeping my schedule as flexible as possible so that I can respond to any urgent tasks that might come up related to COVID-19 response.
Here’s my August list:
- Complete the somatics coaching course I started in April. This course wraps up in August and I’ve really enjoyed the different perspectives being offered through the range of teachers involved. I’ve learned a lot about somatics as a field, but also about how it relates to things like trauma response and creating change.
- Release season 4 of Coach to Coach. If all goes as planned, the first episode of season 4 should release the first Friday of August. I’m planning to focus on coaching fundamentals in some solo episodes, so this season will look a little different than previous ones.
- Wrap up summer programming. As summer comes to a close, my writing group and coach training 101 course also wrap up. I have a lot on my plate with coach training and coaching in the fall, so I’ll be turning my attention to new programs soon and getting ready to launch three coach training courses in September and October.
- Continue my YTT and yoga exploration. This month, I’m going to be practice teaching for part of my YTT requirements, listening to season 1 of the Yoga is Dead podcast, and watching more content from my decolonizing yoga course. I’d also like to read one book on yoga if I can fit that in as well.
- Return to content creation! After a refreshing month off, I’m ready to dive back into the blogging and podcasting for the remainder of 2020. I’ve been collecting topics to share about and I’m excited to keep connecting with readers and listeners in the coming months.
It looks like I’ve got a full list of fun things planned for this month! What are you looking forward to in the month of August?