A few years back, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I share these lists here, and report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My August list focused on launching into the new academic year and closing out some summer goals. Here’s what I was able to get done in the last month:
- Launched into a new leadership training. I was nominated for a year-long leadership experience at my institution that’s hosted by our System Office and it started in August. The first couple days were packed with networking activities, and I’m excited for future meetings throughout this year.
- Hosted three days of leadership retreats. In addition to the trainings above, I also helped to plan and facilitate three different leadership retreat days for our deans and Cabinet members in August before the term started. These leadership events went well and it felt great to check those off my August list.
- Got back to more regular journaling. When life is full, it can be hard to set aside time to reflect. While I’m doing well with my five-year journal, I’m still working on more regular daily journaling. As the weather cools and I want to be cozy inside, I’m guessing this will get easier to build into my schedule.
- Finished out my summer bucket list. I made a summer bucket list and there were several things (reading, cooking, relaxing, exercising) that I wanted to complete before the end of August. I was able to check most of them off my list and you can read about my debrief in this blog post.
August felt full, but it went by very quickly! Now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items! I’m ready to launch into September and see what this first full month of the new academic year will bring.
Here are some of the items on my September to-do list:
- Drink pumpkin flavored tea. I’m not a coffee person, but I do enjoy my pumpkin-flavored tea as a way to ease into the fall season. For years, I’ve been drinking this version from Stash.
- Finish the Anne of Green Gables series. One of my annual goals was to complete the Anne of Green Gables series. I made great progress over the summer and I have three books left to read before this goal is completed.
- Get a massage. This was a summer goal, but I had to schedule it a little further out due to availability. I haven’t had a massage since late 2019, so I’m really looking forward to this.
- Take a day off work. The last several weeks have been very full for me, so I’m looking forward to taking a day off of work this upcoming month. I’m going to use the day to get ahead on some tasks to take some pressure off my future self!
I’m really looking forward to my tasks this upcoming month! What are you looking forward to in the month of September?