Every year, around this time, I write a post about goals that I am trying to achieve by the end of the year (you can read the post from four years ago here, the post from three years ago here, the post from two years ago here, and the post from last year here).
Maybe, like me, you like to have a bit of a deadline to work with when it comes to making progress on some of your goals. As 2024 gets closer, here’s a peek at what I’ll be up to for the remainder of the year:
- Finishing Patricia Cornwell’s Kay Scarpetta series. One of my annual goals was to read this entire series and I’m a little over halfway through it. Filling my fall months with mystery novels sounds like a pretty great challenge to be working on!
- Watching all the X-Men movies. My partner and I have six of these movies left to go and I think I’m going to have a lot of fun figuring out where to find blocks in my schedule to watch these over the remainder of the year.
- Completing my book revisions. With my November 15 submission deadline looming, I’ll definitely be logging some hours with my co-author to get these edits done and off to my publisher. It will be fun to see the second edition of The Blended Course Design Workbook releasing in 2024!
- Listening to all of Taylor Swift’s songs in album order. I’m four albums down and nine albums to go on this goal. My partner is listening to each album with me and we are both enjoying reading fan comments on the YouTube music videos for some of the most popular songs. Taylor Swift is a true phenom.
- Averaging 2,500 minutes each month on my Peloton app. To achieve the 20k minute annual goal on my Peloton app, I need to average at least 2,500 minutes a month of walking, biking, yoga, meditation, and other activities. I expect this to get more challenging as the weather gets colder, but I’m still going to see how far I can get toward this annual goal.
- Watching the entire Dawson’s Creek television series. I’m three seasons down and three seasons to go, but I’m loving all the teenage angst and melodrama that this is the bread and butter of each episode. Maybe I can watch some of these episodes while I’m walking or biking!
- Posting the final videos of the year to my YouTube channel. I committed to posting a couple of videos about books and reading each month of this year on my YouTube channel and I have just a couple months of videos left to go!
- Re-visiting the Twilight series. I decided to add this goal to my fall bucket list, so I’m planning to read all the books and re-watch all the movies before the end of the year.
- Completing my special project that’s helping me celebrate turning 40 this year. While I’ve stayed mum on this project in 2023, I’ll be sharing more details toward the end of the year and finally letting the cat out of the bag about something special that I’ve been working on all year.
- Prepping business services and tasks for 2024. As in previous years, I’d like to use at least part of my winter break to get ahead with some business tasks for the New Year. At minimum, I’ll be creating some templates for podcast show notes, brainstorming for my 2024 content calendar, uploading new event posts for my online community Prolific, sending kick-off emails for my coach training and Slow Hustle programs, and getting recurring tasks organized in Asana.
What goals or projects are you working on completing before 2024?