I don’t know about you, but lately it feels like there is a LOT going on.
Between work, personal projects, and world events, it can be easy to start to feel overwhelmed.
Over the past couple of weeks, I found myself being really intentional about how I dealt with my overwhelm.
Here are some of the things that worked for me:
- Distracting myself with a book when I needed a break
- Meditating at the end of the day to quiet my mind
- Making a list of the projects I need to work on and then scheduling them directly into my calendar
- Sitting quietly with my partner to reconnect
- Taking a few deep breaths to center myself
- Reminding myself of my current priorities, and then letting some other things go to be focused on at a later date
- Delegating some small, but meaningful tasks to my assistant
- Expressing gratitude to a coworker
- Calling my mom and hearing about what’s going on in her world
- Focusing on helping others through supporting my coaching clients
- Creating an organizational structure for some data that I’m tracking for a project
- Keep up with daily journaling to process emotions and reflections
What are some things that are helping you to feel less overwhelmed lately?