Summer is coming and I couldn’t be more ready.
Recently, I shared my summer bucket list on the blog and some summer reading recommendations on the podcast. These were great catalysts to get me thinking about my summer reading plans. (Remember you can always follow what I’m reading in real time by connecting with me on Goodreads or checking out my YouTube channel).
In no particular order, here are some of the books I’m hoping to get to over the summer months:
- The Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson. This is one of my annual goals for this year and I think the summer is the perfect time to dive into a multi-thousand page series!
- Deep by James Nestor. After reading another book by this author on breathing, I decided to dig into his backlist. This book is about diving without oxygen support and it sounds fascinating.
- The Vera Stanhope mysteries by Ann Cleeves. I’ve read other books by this author, but haven’t had a chance to dive into this series yet. I’m looking forward to getting to know a new detective character.
- The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I recently finished the Court of Thorns and Roses series by this same author (current five books with more to come) and I really enjoyed it. I’ve heard great things about this series as well, so I’d love to dive in over the summer.
- The Puzzler by AJ Kacobs. A memoir about a person exploring different puzzles? Yes, please.
- Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano. This retelling of Little Women sounds perfect for a summer read. I’ve actually found several retellings of this classic tale lately, so I might try and tackle of few of them this summer.
- Icebreaker by Hannah Grace. This is a romance that I’ve heard great things about so it was very easy to add to my list.
What’s on your summer reading list this year?