In this episode, Sara and Katie discuss how to market their work in conversations, networking, conferences, or presentations. We share our feelings of awkwardness around networking at conferences, the elevator speech, and casually bringing up our work into conversation with potential clients or colleagues. We also talk a bit about our differences in setting boundaries and disclosure of personal information in public speaking.
- What does it mean to do “in person marketing”?
- How do we infuse our work into those sometimes awkward networking conversations?
- How do we handle the “networking social hour” experience?
- What strategies do we use to make it easier to talk about our work in conversations and meetings with others?
- What are our differences in how much we disclose and set up boundaries?
If you listen to the podcast on iTunes, please take a moment to rate and/or review the show.
Thanks for listening!