A couple years back, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I share these lists here, and report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My September list focused on easing into fall with some seasonal tasks and projects. Here is what I was able to accomplish in the last month:
- Prepped my fall/winter wardrobe. Even though it usually stays warm in Denver well into the fall, I still pulled out my fall/winter clothes and reviewed what needed to be donated or replaced. Now, I’m all prepped for snowy days, whenever they might happen.
- Tried some barre3 classes. Recently, I installed a ballet barre in my home gym area (see this tutorial) and purchased a subscription to barre3. I’ve been intrigued by this method of strength training for a while, so it was very fun to try out some different classes and see what it’s all about.
- Bulk prepped fall content. With the academic year starting in full swing, I wanted to get ahead on recording podcast episodes and drafting blog posts to give myself a little cushion this month. Over Labor Day Weekend, I got a bunch of content prepped and it felt great!
- Watched You’ve Got Mail. Seasonal viewings of favorite movies is something I love to do. It was so fun to revisit You’ve Got Mail and now I’m eyeing a bunch of other movies on this list of fall classics.
September was a very satisfying month since I was able to do a lot of tasks to set myself up for success with things I’ll need later this season. And now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items! I’m ready to launch into October and see what the rest of this fall season holds.
Here are some of the items on my October to-do list:
- Read seasonal books. I’ve chosen a bunch of spooky books to read for October and I can’t wait to dive in. I’ll be posting my October TBR list on my YouTube channel soon, so make sure to subscribe to see what I’ve chosen.
- Start the revisions for my book project. My co-author and I have reviewer feedback for the second edition of The Blended Course Design Workbook and need to start on the actual writing process. I’m hoping to go chapter by chapter and see steady progress throughout this fall.
- Start narrowing in on end-of-year goals. Now that we’re officially in the last quarter of the year, it’s time for me to review my annual goals and make a plan for how I can achieve the ones that are remaining. I’ve got a stack of books to read, some movies to watch, and a day-long yoga retreat to plan for myself, along with some other projects and tasks that I want to devote time and energy to.
- Attend two local conferences. There are a couple conferences hosted by national organizations that are in Denver this year and I’ll be attending them a couple of weeks this month. I’m presenting at both, and I’m looking forward to (re)connecting with some dear friends and colleagues at each event.
Once again, this next month is looking pretty full! What are you looking forward to in the month of October?