Last year, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I thought it might be interesting to share these lists here, and to report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My September list focused on settling into my new house and getting some things organized. Here is what I was able to accomplish in the last month:
- Unpack my office. This felt SO GOOD to do! I decided where my desk will go, unpacked all my boxes of books, and get my office supplies and business inventory organized. Being able to work on the weekends in a space that’s organized is amazing and getting this done also means I don’t have to take meetings from our living room anymore!
- Set up my podcasting closet. This is done! We had a local electrician wire the walk-in closet in my office so that I can keep my audio recording equipment in there permanently. We also added some better lighting and I attached some noise-reducing foam to the walls. I’ve started recording podcast episodes in there and it’s great to have a space available for that task.
- Finalize kitchen and bathroom renovation plans. In September, my partner and I worked with a local company to create a plan for renovating our kitchen and some of our bathrooms. We’re replacing cabinets and countertops in our kitchen and all of our bathrooms, and also installing a new dishwasher and refrigerator in the kitchen. The estimate for this is finalized so now we’re working through the contract and getting on their calendar.
- Break down and store our moving boxes. I spent a Sunday morning breaking down boxes and getting them stored away. What a satisfying morning it was! I love de-cluttering spaces and helping them to feel more clean and organized.
- Set up our internet house-wide. My partner needed some help testing our home network since some of the components had not been used by the previous owner. We hired a local professional to help with this task and it was so nice to get this done. Now we have internet throughout our whole house and it is working great!
September was a really productive month! And now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items. I’m ready to welcome the last quarter of the year and all that it has in store for me.
Here are some of the items on my October to-do list:
- Wrap up a coach training course and launch the final course of the year. The end is in sight for 2021 coach training offerings! I’ll be wrapping up one of the current courses in October and launching the final 8-week course in the upcoming month as well. I facilitate these trainings through December and then I’ll take a few weeks off before launching the 2022 cohort.
- Launch a big project at work. Now that I’m six weeks into my role, I’m getting ready to launch a multi-month strategic planning process that begins in October and runs through Q1 of 2022. If you are thinking that this sounds right up my alley, you are correct — I’m excited for this one!
- Start our house renovation project. As I mentioned above, we’re making some changes to our kitchen and bathrooms this fall. If all goes as planned, that should begin toward the end of October with some demo. We will have several weeks of living in a bit of chaos, but I’m looking forward to getting this project completed before December.
- Take a day off. I blocked a Sunday in October to take the day off of client work. It’s a bit harder for me to take time off my day job right now, so this is my way of building in some rest and recovery time. I don’t have concrete plans for what I’ll do, but it will probably involve some reading and movie watching.
Once again, this next month is looking like it will be pretty full! What are you looking forward to in the month of October?