Last year, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I thought it might be interesting to share these lists here, and to report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My August list focused on my recent move to Denver and getting started with a new job. Here is what I was able to accomplish in the last month:
- Moved to Denver! We moved into our house on August 6 and everything went pretty much as planned. It’s been a while since I’ve moved anywhere within a day’s drive of where I was moving from, so that felt almost luxurious!
- Prepped the Denver house. We had some tasks related to the new house including installing some new carpet, updating the thermostat systems, and completing some items noted on the inspection report. So far, we’ve gotten all of those things done! It was a VERY busy month for my partner who project managed all of the above tasks!
- Wrapped up summer programs. In August, I wrapped up the summer writing group program and one of the coach training courses that I facilitated over the summer months. It’s nice to close those out as we transition toward the fall.
- Started a new job! Halfway through August, I launched into my new job and so far, so good! I’ve had a LOT of meetings so far and I’ve taken pages and pages of notes. I’m settled in my new office space and I’m slowly getting acclimated to being back in an office environment.
- Finished my summer reading goal. I did it! I’ve read 106 books so far this year, so I surpassed my goal to get 100 books read by the end of the summer. (You can always see what I’m reading by connecting with me on Goodreads!)
August was a REALLY full month! And now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items. I’m ready to welcome the fall season and all that it has in store for me.
Here are some of the items on my September to-do list:
- Unpack my office. That’s right, I haven’t unpacked my home office yet! There’s been a lot going on, but I want to prioritize this in early September. Mainly, I need to decide where my desk will go, unpack some boxes of books, and get my office supplies and business inventory organized. I’m hoping I can knock this out in a couple of nights after work early in the month.
- Set up my podcasting closet. I have a walk-in closet in my new office to podcast from, and I’m having a local electrician wire it so that I can keep my audio recording equipment in there permanently (most closets don’t have electrical plugs, so I’m having those added). Once he is done with that, I’ll be lining it with noise-reducing foam and then I’ll be all set to start recording in my new space.
- Finalize kitchen and bathroom renovation plans. My partner and I decided to work with a local company to replace some countertops in our house along with upgrading our kitchen sink and island. I’ll be meeting with them early in the month to finalize details so that we can get it scheduled to be completed later in the fall.
- Break down and store our moving boxes. We have a huge pile of moving boxes that we haven’t stored yet since we were waiting for carpet to be replaced in our downstairs closet that we plan to use to house all the broken down boxes. I’m looking forward to getting those tucked away and out of sight so that the house feels less cluttered.
- Set up our internet house-wide. We have internet on the main floor of our house, but my partner is still working on the set-up that we need to have so that it stretches to the upper and lower levels of the house (my office is upstairs and my partner’s is in our finished basement). I’m hoping that this will all get completed in September.
This next month is looking like it will be pretty packed! What are you looking forward to in the month of September?