As I mentioned earlier this year, I’m writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I thought it might be interesting to share these lists here, and to report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My October list focused on studying for my upcoming PMP exam and beginning phase 2 of my yoga teacher training. As with other months this year, October went by really quickly, and this is what I was able to accomplish:
- Began phase 2 of my yoga teacher training. I signed up for a 300-hour training to continue my yoga education (learn more about my decision in this podcast episode) and I started the live calls in late October. I’m really excited to deepen my understanding of embodiment and facilitating yoga experiences for others.
- Studied for the PMP exam and took a practice test. I was thrilled to pass my first PMP practice exam, and I’m now studying in earnest. Fingers crossed that I pass the real test when I take it!
- Purchased my 2021 powersheets! The 2021 version of the monthly and quarterly planner that I use went on sale in the middle of October and I purchased it right away. Check out this blog post for my official review of this planning tool to see if it might be a fit for you.
- Enrolled participants for 7 Weeks to Radical Self-Trust. My last offering of the 7 Weeks to RST group coaching program for 2020 begins November 1 (in just a couple of days!) and I’m so ready for this time of self-reflection. If you want to schedule some reflective time with yourself this time of year, there’s still time to join us!
And now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items! I’m ready to welcome November and begin to shift into the final two months of the year. This next month is already looking packed and I’m excited to dive in!
Here are some of the items on my November to-do list:
- Stay positive. We have a pretty intense political event happening here in the U.S. in the first part of the month and I’m going to be working hard to stay calm, positive, optimistic, and focused on what I can control no matter what happens.
- Wrap up the coach training sessions for the 501 course. This is the shortest course in the training program that I offer and it went by FAST this fall! I’m looking forward to four more sessions happening in the month of November before we complete this phase of the training.
- Launch season 5 of the Coach to Coach podcast. I’ve been recording with another guest coach and I can’t wait to introduce you to her in November! I can’t believe that this podcast is already on season 5! Listen to all the previous seasons here.
- Complete our landscaping work. We made serious progress on this project in October with a new fence, new plant beds, a new patio, and new lighting. Now we just have some final small details before we can call this project done!
- Send 2021 program enrollment launch emails. Now that we’re heading into November, it’s time to start enrolling my 2021 cohorts for the Slow Hustle business mastermind and the January coach training group. I have waiting lists for both programs, so I’ll be emailing all those folks in November to start finalizing who will be joining these programs in the coming year. I’m really excited to see who I’ll be working with in 2021!
- Take the PMP exam. I want to get my first attempt done in November since I know it might take a couple of tries to pass this exam (the pass rate is rumored to be about 50%). The exam changes substantially in January 2021, so I want to pass this version of the test before that point — crossing my fingers that it only takes one time!
- Launch the 7 Weeks to Radical Self-Trust group coaching program. As I mentioned above, this is my last offering of the 7 Weeks to RST group coaching program for 2020 and I’m really looking forward to reflecting and exploring RST concepts with this new group of participants.
- Complete a Thanksgiving Break creative retreat. I’m taking an extra day off after the Thanksgiving holiday to give myself a five-day weekend and that seems like the perfect opportunity for a creative retreat! I’m not sure what I’ll be working on in that time, but I’m leaning toward finalizing the materials for my Deeply Rooted Virtual Retreat event.
- Organize our garage. We’ve got some boxes to unpack, some cardboard to break down and recycle, and some shelves to organize. Now that the weather is cooler, I’m excited to get started with this project!
- Read my 99th and 100th books of the year. I’m two books away from my 100 book reading goal for 2020 and I’m pretty sure that I’ll be able to get it done in November. I’ve got an amazing stack of to-read options and as the weather turns colder, it’s the perfect time for a cup of tea and a book.
It looks like I’ve got a pretty full plate this month! What are you looking forward to in the month of November?