Last year, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I thought it might be interesting to share these lists here, and to report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My April list focused on wrapping up and launching programs in my business, getting my second COVID-19 vaccine shot, and presenting a couple of keynotes. This is what I was able to accomplish in the last month:
- Wrapped up the 7 Weeks to RST group coaching program. This group met all throughout March and April and we had a great time! I’ll be running this group again in the fall and you can join the waiting list here if you’re interested.
- Launched the virtual summer writing group enrollment. In April, I opened the registration for the my virtual summer writing group and there are five amazing participants who have signed up so far! (This program starts next month, so sign up now if you want to join in!)
- Repaired my phone. Since the price to repair my phone was kind of steep, we ended up just purchasing a new one. Although it was a little earlier than we had planned (we usually purchase new phones for my partner and I at the same time and had a plan to do this in the fall), I’ve been enjoying the larger screen and I’m glad to have a working phone again.
- Got my second COVID-19 vaccine shot. I got my second vaccine shot about halfway though April and I was lucky to experience very few side effects. I’m so grateful that this was available to me where I live and also that my partner was able to get his first shot in April as well.
- Presented a couple virtual keynotes. My spring speaking season started in April and I had a blast presenting a couple of talks on radical self-trust for career planning and high-impact practices in online education. I’ll be presenting another keynote in May on the future of work, so I’m enjoying presenting on lots of fun topics this season.
Now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items. I’m ready to welcome May and begin the shift toward the summer months. This next month is already looking packed and I’m excited to dive in!
Here are some of the items on my May to-do list:
- Enroll the June coach training cohort. My last cohort for coach training in 2021 launches in June (I open up cohorts every January and June), so I’m currently enrolling for the program. I’m looking forward to seeing who joins in this round, and to launching into coach training with a new group this summer!
- Continue virtual summer writing group enrollment. I’ll be offering a virtual summer writing group program that runs June through August, and the enrollment for that program is open now. Now that we’re heading into May, that means this program starts in about a month — time is flying!
- Pay off our mortgage. One of my big goals for this year was to pay off our mortgage and it looks like we’ll be able to do that by the end of May. I’m super excited to check this major financial milestone off my list and very grateful that we were able to invest in this area of our financial portfolio over the past couple of years.
- Get my partner’s second COVID-19 vaccine shot. I got mine in April and my partner is getting his second shot in May. He had a stronger reaction to the first shot than I did, but we’re keeping our fingers crossed that the second shot goes as smoothly as possible.
- Gather more yoga teaching hours. My next yoga credential requires that I collect 100 hours of yoga teacher experience and I’ve been slowly chipping away at this goal for the last several months. I’m at about 75 hours now and I hope to collect at least 10 more hours this month.
It looks like I’ve got a pretty full plate this month! What are you looking forward to in the month of May?