Last year, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I thought it might be interesting to share these lists here, and to report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My June list focused on launching summer programs for my business and making progress on some summer goals. This is what I was able to accomplish in the last month:
- Launched the June coach training cohort! It was so fun to welcome a new cohort to the coach training program this past month. I love onboarding a new group and introducing them to the practice of coaching!
- Launched the virtual summer writing group! We are now a couple weeks into this program and participants are already celebrating writing accomplishments. I love writing in community, so this is a program that I really enjoy facilitating.
- Make progress on my change management certificate. I was able to finish a couple more courses for this and launch into the fourth course at the end of June. I’m almost 2/3 done with this program and I’m learning a ton.
- Read at least 15 books toward my summer reading goal. I was able to read exactly 15 books in the month of June and I had a LOT of fun doing it. This past month, I mostly focused on books related to meditation and mindfulness and enjoyed that deeper dive on the topic.
- Gather more yoga teaching hours. My next yoga credential requires that I collect 100 hours of yoga teacher experience and I’ve been slowly chipping away at this goal for the last several months. I was able to collect all my remaining hours in June, so I’ve accomplished this goal!
Now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items. I’m ready to welcome July and begin to transition into the second half of the year.
Here are some of the items on my July to-do list:
- Take a break from content creation. Each July for the last several years, I’ve taken a break from podcasting and blog writing. I call this my “restful July” project and it’s always been a really refreshing time of year for me. You can expect to see me back on the podcast on August 4 and writing for the blog on August 6.
- Finish my change management credential. With just three classes left to wrap up, I’d like to get this completed by the end of July. I’m so glad that I decided to do this over the summer months when I’ve had more time to dive into all the materials.
- Complete a goals refresh for the second half of 2021. Now that we’re at the second half of the year, I’d like to review all my annual goals and make some revisions to what I hope to accomplish in the second half of the year. I’ll be removing some goals, adding new ones, and then sharing these changes in August to help hold myself accountable.
- Read at least 15 books toward my summer reading goal. I’m trying to read 100 books by the end of the summer, so that means at least 15 more books read in July. I’m at 73 books now, so that would bring me to 88 (and ahead of schedule!) by the end of the month.
It looks like I’ve got a pretty full plate this month! What are you looking forward to in the month of July?