A few years back, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I share these lists here, and report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My December list focused on wrapping up some of my annual goals before we flipped the calendar page to 2023. Here’s what I was able to get done in the last month:
- Finished my annual reading goals. I had a couple more YouTube videos to post, two series to finish, an alphabet challenge to complete, and 22 more books to read in December to wrap up my annual reading goals. I’ve loved all the reading progress that I’ve made this year and I’m going to continue with new reading goals for 2023. (You can friend me on Goodreads or check out my YouTube channel to see the latest books on my to-read pile.)
- Finalized my 2023 goals. It was really fun to think through all the things that I’m looking forward to accomplishing in 2023. (I shared my annual goals for 2023 on this podcast episode and in this blog post if you want to check them out.)
- Completed my goal to pay off 15% of our mortgage. My partner and I were very excited to complete this goal at the end of the calendar year. I’m positive that I would not have achieved this goal without being very intentional about naming it and staying accountable to it each month.
- Finish watching all the Star Trek movies. We watched the final movie over the winter break and what a fun series of stories this was! I’ve really been enjoying these movies and debriefing them with my partner after we watch each one, so I’m looking forward to the next series that we’ll tackle in 2023!
December passed very quickly, but included some much needed rest and relaxation at the end of the month. Now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items! I’m ready to launch into January and see what the first part of this new year holds.
Here are some of the items on my January to-do list:
- Listen to five podcast episodes. One of my 2023 goals is to listen to more podcast episodes each month, so I want to make sure that I’m kicking this off in the first month of the new year. I’m most looking forward to catching up on episodes of Happier, Read or Dead, and Literary Disco.
- Schedule my summer vacation time. I’m pretty bad at taking extended vacation time (which is why I made it an annual goal!), so I’m going to work on getting something on the calendar this month so it’s held and protected. I’m thinking I’ll take a week off in late June or early July that aligns with the July 4 holiday since a bunch of other folks also take vacation around that time.
- Get a haircut. Since I have longer hair now, I usually only get haircuts ever 4-5 months or so. It’s time to schedule the next one, so that’s on my list to get done this month.
- Cut back on sugar. I definitely was eating more sugar than usual over the holidays and I feel a lot better when I cut back. I’ll be watching my sugar intake in January and seeing if cutting back gives me more energy and helps me to feel less sluggish throughout the day.
Once again, this next month is looking pretty full! What are you looking forward to in the month of January?