As I mentioned earlier this year, I’m writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I thought it might be interesting to share these lists here, and to report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My June list focused on summer program launches and diving ever deeper into my yoga practice. The month went by so fast, but I was able to do the following:
- Launch Blend by Design. This happened on June 1 so the course is officially live and available for purchase! Sales are going well so far and I’m glad to be able to help faculty from a range of institutions as they plan for the fall.
- Launch summer programs for my business. In June, I had a bunch of program launches for my virtual writing group, the June cohort for coach training, as well as continuing with my first coach training cohort as they began the 301 course. There are always a lot of logistics for program launches so it felt great to check these off my list.
- Start a yoga teacher training (YTT) program. I’m already loving this experience. I’m reading a lot, watching a lot of videos, reflecting through writing prompts, and upping the amount of time I’m spending on my own practice. I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite things about this summer.
- Continue my learning with coaching and social justice work. In June, I attended more sessions in my somatic coaching training, and also added in several modules from a course I purchased on decolonizing yoga. Each of these learning opportunities include lots of different and diverse voices, so it’s giving me a lot to think about and take action on.
- Hire a landscaper. We interviewed two landscaping companies this month and they are preparing estimates for us. I think this is going to be a fun summer project!
- Read more fun (fiction) books. I read a LOT in June. I’ve been ordering ebooks from my local library and trying to read a novel or two each week. This has been a great way to wind down at the end of the day and also to relax on the weekends.
- Catch up on podcasts and listen to some new shows. I’ve been devoting some time in the mornings and during my lunch hour to podcast listening and it’s been really fun to catch up with shows I’ve been missing and to try out some new shows that I had heard great things about.
And now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items! July is a special month for me because for the last couple of years I’ve done a “restful July” project where I take the month off of regular blog and podcast content creation so that I can rejuvenate and focus on some special projects.
Here’s my July list:
- Complete a CEO day. Being Boss is hosting a CEO day to focus on business planning for the remainder of the year on July 2, so I’m taking a vacation day to think through business tasks and goals for Q3 & Q4 and to start thinking toward 2021 plans.
- Begin outlining my 2021 business services and programs calendar. It may seem kind of early to do this, but I need to have a sense of what the new calendar year will hold for coach training, so I’m going to get all my programs and services mapped out to help me plan.
- Launch into the revisions for the coach training website. I’m going to take the three-day weekend at the beginning of the month to get started on this project and see if I can complete the new site by the end of July.
- Record season 4 of Coach to Coach. I decided to do some solo episodes for this next season focused on coaching fundamentals, so I’m going to get these recorded over the next several weeks. They’ll launch on August 7, so stay tuned!
- Complete 4–6 weeks of prep for my YTT program. I’d like to get ahead in this content if I can, so I’ll be working on the videos and readings for this month and next as much as possible. I’ll also be layering in content from a decolonizing yoga course I recently purchased along with engaging in daily yoga practice as well as any extra practice assigned by the program.
- Continue reading fiction. Can’t stop, won’t stop! I’m excited to keep digging into my to-read pile as a way to relax in the midst of all the creative work I’ll be doing this month.
It looks like I’ve got a full list of fun things planned for this month! What are you looking forward to in the month of July?