If you’ve been around for a while, you know that one of my favorite things to do each year is to set annual goals.
This activity helps me to think about where I want to spend my time, energy, and attention in the coming year. Setting annual goals also helps me to consistently revisit a number of important questions:
- What do I want to prioritize?
- What do I want to let go of?
- What do I want to put off to a future year?
- How do my goals align with my values?
For 2024, I decided to organize my goals around the principles of my radical self-trust taxonomy. This is something that I’ve done in the past and this year seemed like a good opportunity to return to this structure.
As a reminder, my radical self-trust taxonomy has six focus areas:
- Living my core values with intention
- Nurturing my superpowers
- Playfully experimenting
- Seeking self-knowledge
- Practicing loving-kindness toward myself and others
- Setting into my life’s purpose
Like I have in the past, I chose several goals for 2024 that will take a while for me to achieve so that I can look forward to working on them all year long. Also, similar to previous years, you’ll see that I left four slots empty for goals that I want to add during each quarter of the year.
(To hear me talk through this year’s goal list, check out this podcast episode.)
Here are my 24 goals for 2024:
Living My Core Values with Intention
(My core values are radical self-trust, creativity, recovery/self care, alignment, and holding space. I talk about these values in more depth in this blog post. I also share some strategies for identifying your core values in this podcast episode.)
- Pay off 25% of our remaining mortgage (RST, alignment, self-care)
- Go on a self-designed business retreat (creativity, alignment)
- Add a weekly guided meditation option to the Prolific events calendar (creativity, holding space, recovery/self-care)
Nurturing My Superpowers
(I define superpowers as the areas where one’s strengths and values overlap. When I cultivate my superpowers, I become more of who I am meant to be and I can offer more of my unique contributions to the world. While I can identify several different superpowers that I have, reading is an area that I want to continue to focus on this year since it helps the most with my value around recovery/self-care.)
- Read at least 24 books per month and 300+ books throughout the year (see what I’m currently reading by connecting with me on Goodreads).
- Complete a monthly Box Set Challenge where I read box sets of books that I already own
- Read Val McDermid’s Karen Pirie series (7 books)
- Keep up with posting monthly TBR and TBR debrief videos on YouTube
- Read 12 nonfiction books that I already own (physical copies)
- Read a physical book in one sitting
(By playfully experimenting, I help to keep myself energized through trying new things and stretching myself in new areas.)
- Try climbing at an indoor rock wall
- Complete an alphabet reading challenge each month (choosing a random letter and picking 5 books from my Kindle that start with that letter) to read more books that I already own (you can see what I pick on my monthly TBR videos on my YouTube channel)
(Continually learning about myself gives me more clarity with my life’s direction as well as more peace with all the large and small decisions that I make.)
- Return to a regular journaling practice
- Find a good therapist and attend at least six sessions
- Add pieces to my wardrobe that align with my personal style
Practicing Loving-Kindness Toward Myself and Others
(I can offer more to others when I take care of myself, so prioritizing recovery time and self-care is a must for me.)
- Log 20k minutes in the Peloton app by the end of the year
- Re-watch 12 nostalgic movies
- Find a dentist and get back to regular appointments
Settling into My Life’s Purpose
(A big component of my life’s purpose is helping people create and engage in meaningful change. I do this through leadership, coaching, writing, and things like modeling aspects of radical self-trust in what I share on my podcast and blog.)
- Cross the 1800+ coaching experience hours mark in my coaching log
- Read four coaching-related books
- Write a nonfiction book (goal: at least 50k words)
- TBD for Q1
- TBD for Q2
- TBD for Q3
- TBD for Q4
What are some of your goals for 2024?