There may be some things that feel hard right now, but I also don’t want to ignore a lot of other things that are happening in my life that are pure joy.
In the past week, I’ve found myself frequently embracing joy and I thought I would share some of the reasons why as a reminder that I can continue to experience joy even in challenging times.
There’s a lot to be grateful for these days:
- I have a new niece! She was born earlier this week when my sister went into labor two weeks early. All went well and they are doing great. I’m thrilled to be an aunt for the sixth time.
- I’ve practiced yoga every day for over a month! I started a daily yoga practice in April and it’s been a full month now since I’ve added this to my morning routine. I love it, and I’m completing a 30-day yoga series this month to keep this practice going.
- My virtual summer writing group is filling! I wasn’t sure whether anyone would be ready to dive into writing given how this spring has gone, but I’m so pleased that I’ll be holding space for several writers this summer in weekly meetings. (If you want to learn more, you can check out the program here.)
- Summer fruits are here! We ordered raspberries with our groceries this week and they are so amazing. When summer fruit is in season, it’s the best treat. I’m eating all the berries with some plain, vanilla flavored coconut yogurt and this amazing chocolate granola.
- The June coach training cohort is open for enrollment! I can easily say that one of my favorite things about 2020 has been facilitating coach training. Helping people learn the skills and practice of coaching feels like settling into my life’s work. (If you want to learn more, you can check out the program here.)
- My lawn got installed! After three months of looking at a sea of dirt in our yard, we now have beautiful green grass that makes our house feel much more complete. I love looking out the window and seeing the grass looking so vibrant. We also got trees planted in our front and back yards and those are growing so quickly.
- I’m celebrating a year of morning pages this month! Last May, I started writing three pages in my journal every morning and it’s been one of the best things I’ve ever done. I love this time of reflection each day and I’m proud that I’ve kept it up for an entire year.
- I’m deep diving into somatic coaching! Through an online course and a book on the topic, I’m exploring the concept of somatic, or embodied, coaching. It’s been a lot of fun to strengthen my coaching practice through learning a new set of skills that can help my clients connect their minds and their bodies in purposeful ways.
- I finished my 500 day plan! I just crossed off the last item on my most recent 500 day plan (two months earlier than expected!), and it felt amazing. This plan included a couple of book releases, a big financial savings goal, wrapping up several large creative projects, and a lot more.
- I’m drafting a new 1,000 day plan! Seeing my goals come alive is so energizing, and it’s time to think about the next several years of milestones that I want to accomplish. I’m in the brainstorming phase right now and it feels so great to think creatively about the future. My current areas of focus in this plan include more yoga exploration, deepening my coaching practice, growing my business (including a major creative project that I’m considering for 2021), and some meaningful financial goals.
That’s a lot to be joyful about! What’s making you think in exclamation points right now?