For the last couple of weeks, I have been heavy into 2020 goal setting mode and I couldn’t be happier about it. December is one of my favorite times of the year to reflect on how things went over the last 12 months and then look to the future and set some intentions.
Recently, I facilitated a session for Prolific members on reflecting on 2019 writing accomplishments and I couldn’t believe the things I had forgotten about that happened in 2019!
(Psssst! I recently redesigned Prolific and expanded it beyond writing and publication to be all about meaningful productivity and alignment between goals and values — and I dropped the price to $9.99/month or $99.99 for the year! Check it out to see if you want to join the community for weekly accountability, monthly goals and intention setting, live events, and more!)
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: our brains like to play tricks on us about how much we have actually accomplished. We often forget or undervalue what we have done in the past because we feel like it’s never enough — I’ve found this is especially true for my coaching clients who are academics.
So I though I would share some of the 2019 accomplishments that I’m most proud of as a way to encourage you to do the same.
To come up with this list, I did some old fashioned brainstorming and list making, but I also looked through my CV, combed through my planner and calendar, and looked through some of my writing project drafts.
Here’s what I came up with as my most memorable accomplishments of the year:
- walking 10k steps every day for a six month streak
- writing morning pages daily since May
- releasing an edited collection
- booking monthly massages in the second half of the year
- finalizing all the details for my new book releasing in January 2020
- writing 37,541 words (and counting!) of my coach training manual
- hosting 7 writing groups throughout the year (you can sign up for the next group starting in January 2020 now!)
- creating a new keynote on Radical Self-Trust (and delivering it for the first time in December!)
- facilitating 4 group coaching offerings of 7 Weeks to Radical Self-Trust
- launching a beta version of my business building mastermind Slow Hustle (just 2 slots left for the 2020 offering that starts in January!)
- renovating our kitchen and bathrooms
- buying a new car
- overhauling my business brand and website
- sending and receiving lots of letters (you can learn about my letter writing project here and here)
- coaching over 300 hours with dozens of clients
- facilitating 24 live events in Prolific (my favorites were the virtual writing sprints and retreats!)
- launching coach training enrollment (this was HUGE for me!)
- conducting over 100 interviews for a large qualitative research project
- reading 85 books (and counting!)
- giving myself the gift of two creative retreats
- recording and launching season one of the Coach to Coach podcast (season 2 is coming in early 2020!)
- celebrating 15 years of marriage to a partner who continues to support, challenge, love and respect me every day
- earning over $100k gross revenue in my side business for the second year in a row and increasing gross revenue by $25k
- accepting an offer for a new job
- selling our house and buying a new one
Whew! What a year 2019 has been! I’m sure there are some things I’ve forgotten, but I’m pretty proud of this list.
(Stay tuned for my 2020 goals & intentions since I’ll be sharing about those soon!)
Now, it’s your turn. I hope you’ll take some time to reflect on all you’ve done and how far you’ve come in the last year. I bet you have so much to be proud of.
I’d love to hear what’s on your list for 2019 accomplishments so I can celebrate with you!