I mentioned last week that I’d started working on a new creative project called Blend by Design (visit the new website here!).
Well, I’m pretty deep into it.
If you haven’t heard yet, Blend by Design is my new online, self-paced course to support people who are creating and teaching blended courses. It’s a supplement to The Blended Course Design Workbook: A Practical Guide.
This week, I thought I’d offer a bit of an update. (I’ll be honest, I don’t have a lot of creative energy to offer much else right now!)
As of last week, I’d completed the following:
- Outlined the course goals and learning objectives, the seven modules of content, and the supplemental worksheets
- Created the course shell in Teachery so that I have a place to put all the content as I’m creating it.
- Drafted over 19,000 words of video scripts
- Bought the domain name for the course website
And here’s what I’ve done since then…
- Finished drafting the video scripts (over 28k words in over 100 videos!)
- Recorded the script audio
- Created the video slide decks
- Started added supplemental resources into the course site (these have been so fun to collect and review!)
- Built the website to market Blend by Design
- Finalized the pricing structure for individual and institutional packages
- Recorded a podcast episode sharing about Blend by Design
And here’s what I have left to do…
- Edit the course videos to combine the audio and slide deck visuals (I’m thinking I might try screencast-o-matic for this project and I’m launching in over the long weekend)
- Upload the videos and video transcripts into the course
- Edit and upload the supplemental worksheets for each module
- Email all my client contacts to let them know the course is available
My goal is still to have the course ready to go in early June, and so far I’m on track to make that happen!