This year, I decided to draft a shorthand list of my goals that I can refer to throughout the year. Some of these are tied to longer-term strategies and plans, but others are just for fun.
Now that we’re wrapping up the second quarter of the year, it’s time to check in on my goals and see how things are going.
As a reminder, I was able to check several goals off my list in Q1 including:
- Complete a Yin yoga teacher training. I completed this goal in January.
- De-clutter my closet and dresser and donate clothes that I no longer need/want. I completed this in the first month of the year and talked about some of my lessons learned in this blog post.
- Earn a Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM) credential. I passed the exam in January.
- Complete my 300-hour yoga teacher training. Done! This was accomplished in February.
- Read Anna Karenina. Done! I finished this book in March.
- Start a regular meditation practice. Done! I’ve been meditating daily (and sometimes twice a day) since the beginning of January.
For Q2, here are the additional 6 goals for 2021 that I was able to complete:
- Hit 1,000 hours of coaching experience (I started 2021 at around 800 hours). Done! I was able to complete this goal very early in Q2, and I’m now working toward a higher goal of hours accumulated for the year.
- Pay off our mortgage. Done! We paid off our mortgage in May of this year and it felt really great!
- Teach 60+ hours of yoga throughout the year — to hit 100 total hours by the end of 2021 — so that I can apply for my next credential. Done! I was able to complete all of my 100 yoga teaching hours by the end of June, so I can now apply for my next Yoga Alliance credential!
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine when they become available in my area. Done! This was one of the highlights of my year!
- Watch all the Marvel movies (there are 24 — and counting). Done! We’re now working our way through a few Marvel television shows as we wait for the next movies to be released.
- Get a haircut (as I write this, the last one I had was over a year ago). Done! I got a haircut at the end of May and it was really nice! I’m keeping my hair longer for now, so no return to the pixie cut any time soon.
I also had some bonus goals see some progress in Q2:
- Complete my 200-hour meditation YTT. I was able to finish all the components for my 200-hour yoga teacher training focused on meditation by the end of Q2, so that was a huge accomplishment!
- Progress toward my change management certificate. By the end of Q2, I finished four of the six required courses for this learning experience and I’m looking forward to wrapping it up in Q3.
Now that we’re halfway through the year, I’m excited to be over halfway through my annual goals!
Here are the remaining 9 goals that I’m still working toward:
- Accredit my coach training program through the International Coaching Federation. I submitted the application to accredit my coach training program in March, so I’ll probably know the final decision about this in Q3.
- Read 100+ books throughout the year (connect with me on Goodreads to see what I’m reading). This goal is progressing well. I’ve read 60 books so far this year, so I’m well on my way to reading 100+ books in 2021. I’m hoping to hit 100 books read by the end of the summer.
- Match or surpass this year’s business revenue. Our current business revenue is projected at about 73% of last year’s revenue, so this goal is on track. I felt like last year was a bit anomalous in terms of our business growth, so I’m pleased with where we are at this point in the year.
- Hire someone to install cabinets in our laundry room. No progress here yet, but there are still six months left in the year!
- Order a new mattress for our bed. We’ve picked out the one that we want, but haven’t pulled the trigger to order it yet.
- Figure out the next book I’m going to write and make progress on the proposal / manuscript. I officially paused this project and haven’t decided if I want to keep trying to move it forward or not. I’ll be thinking through next steps for this in Q3.
- Design and launch a new project management offering for my business. I have an outline for this offering, but I’m not quite sure of the timeline for design and launch. I hope to make some decisions about moving this forward in Q3.
- Finish all the books in Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley series (there are six books remaining as I write this). In all the reading I’ve done so far this year, I haven’t made progress on this series yet. I’m looking forward to diving into the next book in Q3 and reading the rest of the series in the remainder of the year.
- Take more walks. Although our weather has warmed up a lot, I still haven’t gotten out much for walks because my allergies get pretty bad this time of year. I hope to see some more progress on this goal in the coming months.
How are your goals for 2021 going so far?