It’s that time of year when the days stay lighter, the academic school year is winding down, and less meetings start showing up on my calendar.
In other words, summer is coming!
I always appreciate the summer months to log some extra hours with projects, take a few days off here and there to rest and reset, and eat all the summer fruit (hello, berries!).
As we head into this new season — and shift toward the second half of 2021 — I’ve started working on my summer bucket list.
Here are some of the things that I have planned:
- Since my partner and I will be wrapping up watching all the Marvel movies soon (we’re on number 19 as I write this), I plan to spend the summer catching up on all the Marvel television shows (Agents of SHIELD, WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier are all on my list to watch).
- I’m taking a series of courses on change management from Cornell that run May through August, and I’m looking forward to this learning experience. New courses start every two weeks and I’m pretty excited to dive in with fresh materials to explore throughout the coming months.
- Since my partner and I will both be fully vaccinated as of early June, we’re going to take our car in for some overdue service, start getting more local takeout, and hire someone to clean our house from top to bottom (that last one is probably what I’m most looking forward to!).
- I’m planning to get a haircut at some point in June once I figure out where I want to go. (I’ve only gotten my hair cut once since we moved here in January 2020, so I don’t have a regular person that I go see.) A couple people have asked if I’m going to go back to my pixie cut, but I’m planning to keep the style longer for now.
- Read at least 50 books! I was able to read 50+ books in the first five months of 2021, so I’m aiming for 50 more over the upcoming three months of June, July, and August. I think I can do it, but even if I can’t I know I’m going to have a lot of fun trying!
- Facilitate my summer virtual writing group and coach training sessions. I’ll continue to work with clients throughout the summer months to help them meet their writing goals and accomplish other tasks that they have on their plates. Although some of my clients take a break over the summer months, others are full speed ahead!
What’s on your summer bucket list so far? Anything you’re really looking forward to?