In this episode we discuss goal setting and the metrics we use to measure the success of our businesses. We share our different approaches to goal setting – Katie with multi year plans, Sara with more regular mid-year shifts in direction – and how we respond to changes in our professional and personal contexts that require us to shift our metrics of success. We also discuss the challenges with trying to generate consistent revenue, and the ever-present goal of doing good work to breed future opportunities.
- What kinds of things do we think about when we think about goal setting?
- How do we approach goal setting?
Recommended Resources for this Episode:
- Better Than Before – Gretchen Rubin
- The Four Tendencies – Gretchen Rubin – A personality framework to understand accountability.
- Get to work book by Elise Blaha Cripe – Planner that’s great for creating lists
Links to things we referenced during the podcast:
Make Your Way is part of the Radical Self-trust podcast channel, a collection of content dedicated to helping you seek self-knowledge, nurture your superpowers, playfully experiment, live your core values with intention, practice loving kindness toward yourself and others, and settle into your life’s purpose.
If you listen to the podcast on iTunes, please take a moment to rate and/or review the show.
Thanks for listening!
Want to keep up with Katie's creative projects?
The Latest is a monthly email newsletter with all the information you need about
Katie’s blog posts, podcasts, courses, webinars, and more!