A couple years back, I began writing monthly to-do lists to help me keep track of what’s on my plate. I share these lists here, and report back each month on what I was able to accomplish.
My July list focused on some goals that I wanted to accomplish with extra time that I gained from taking the month off of content creation. Here is what I was able to accomplish in the last month:
- Launched two coach training courses. In July, I began to facilitate two courses in my coach training program. There are only a couple more courses that I’ll be facilitating in the fall, so this year of coach training has passed very quickly!
- Planned out my 2023 business services and events. This was one of the most satisfying parts of July. I was able to relaunch the Slow Hustle website and add in all the 2023 courses to the coach training website as well. I love planning, so this was a really fun project.
- Completed a training for ICF. I had a 40-hour training for the International Coaching Federation that I had been slowing chipping away at that I was finally able to complete in July — that felt awesome to check off my list!
- Completed accreditation paperwork for ICF with the coach training program. ICF is changing their accreditation levels and it required me to do a bunch of paperwork and submit some materials. I used a Prolific creative retreat to spend a day getting these items completed.
July was very full month, but I was excited to see all of these things get checked off my list! And now it’s time to plan for a new month of to-do items. I’m ready to launch into August and see what the rest of this summer holds.
Here are some of the items on my August to-do list:
- Refresh my home office. When the pandemic started, I set up my home office in a very quick fashion that didn’t really allow for much intentionality. Now, with a little more time to plan, I ordered a new standing desk and some book shelves to refresh that space and I’m excited to get started on that this month.
- Launch into the new academic year. My institution starts classes late in August, so my transition into the new academic year is coming very soon! I’m looking forward to welcoming students back to campus, engaging with our faculty, and diving into some fall term projects on my list.
- Make a plan for my book project. With reviewer feedback in hand, it’s time to start planning out the tasks for the second edition of one of my books that I need to start working on this fall. I’ve invited an amazing co-author to help me and I’m hoping we can wrap up this project before the end of the calendar year.
- Eat a bunch of seasonal fruit while it’s still in season. One of my favorite parts of summer is the fruit. Most days I make myself a bowl of fruit for breakfast and I’m going to savor what’s in season before we start to see fall produce showing up in the market.
Once again, this next month is looking pretty full! What are you looking forward to in the month of August?