I shared recently that my 40th birthday is this year and that my present to myself was to complete an MS in Organizational Leadership (check out this podcast episode to learn more).
But… I’ve also been thinking about a 40th birthday gift that I want to give to all of my podcast listeners, blog readers, and clients.
In the spirit of lifelong learning, here’s what I decided to do:
Throughout 2024, my 40th year, I’m going to offer a 40% discount on five of my courses. This is officially live now and I wanted to share this as my 40th birthday gift to YOU!
The 40% discount will apply to the following courses:
SoTL by Design (original individual license of $450 is $270; discounted group licenses range from $1500 for 6 people to $6240 for 26 people)
SoTL by Design is your comprehensive guide to navigating the IRB process, choosing a research question, exploring SoTL research designs, mapping evidence, creating a data analysis plan, crafting a project timeline, and strategizing about the dissemination of SoTL project results.
All SoTL by Design licenses come with a printed workbook filled with engaging activities for designing and implementing a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning project. Each section of the workbook is color-coded with activities aligned to SoTL by Design course goals and objectives.
The course includes:
- Seven content modules aligned with four course goals and 31 learning objectives
- Over 100 video lessons with complete transcripts
- IRB document templates and examples
- SoTL citation lists broken out by discipline
- SoTL citation lists broken out by methodology
- Comment boxes throughout the course so participants can ask module-specific questions and see responses to other’s questions
- Bonus content in each module such as SoTL-related podcast episodes, topic-specific resource guides, online resources, and more
Blend by Design (original individual license of $127 is $76; discounted group licenses range from $3600 for 50 people to $18,000 for 400+ people)
Blend by Design is your comprehensive guide to creating and teaching a blended course. In Blend by Design, you’ll receive guidance on writing course goals and learning objectives, designing engaging learning activities, creating effective assessments, mapping your course to ensure alignment across all elements, and creating a supportive and welcoming space for your students, all specific to the blended course environment.
All Blend by Design modules include engaging activities for planning and designing a blended course that is designed to be student-centered. Each section of the course is color-coded with activities aligned to Blend by Design course goals and objectives. The course also pairs well with The Blended Course Workbook: A Practical Guide.
The course includes:
- Seven content modules aligned with four course goals and 24 learning objectives
- Approximately three hours of video content spread over 100+ video lessons
- Complete transcripts for each video (every video is also closed captioned)
- Course design templates and worksheets
- Comment boxes throughout the course so participants can ask module-specific questions and see responses to others’ questions
- Bonus content in each module such as checklists, topic-specific resources, podcast episodes, open-source readings, and more
Introduction to Academic Writing and Publishing (originally $310 and is now $186; a discounted institutional license is also available for $8000 for unlimited licenses)
The Introduction to Academic Writing and Publishing master course includes nine mini-courses for new and experienced academic authors. This master course covers:
- Juggling Multiple Writing Projects
- Organizing an Edited Collection
- Promoting an Academic Book
- Interacting with Journal Editors
- Setting & Accomplishing Writing Goals
- Writing a Book Proposal
- Being a Productive Writer
- Creating & Maintaining Your Publishing Pipeline
- Designing a Five-Year Publishing Plan
This course is self-paced and video-based, with an accompanying digital workbook to help you reflect as you complete the course. In addition to the slide decks for each video lesson, you’ll also receive a range of supplementary resources, templates, and worksheets to guide your learning in each mini-course.
Request an invoice by emailing [email protected].
The Academic Book Promotion Toolkit (original individual license of $247 is now $148)
The Academic Book Promotion Toolkit is one of the first courses that I ever created for my business. I’m not longer updating it, but it’s full of great content for new and experienced academic authors who need the structure, tools, templates, and guidance to create a plan and timeline for promoting a new book.
Throughout this course you will learn how to:
- Generate pre-sale momentum for your book
- Create a plan and timeline for your book promotion activities
- Evaluate and update your current online presence
- Connect with and build your book’s audience
- Build a book website
- Create a book trailer video
- Facilitate a virtual book tour
- Launch a podcast related to your book’s content
- Maintain momentum after your book’s release
This course includes:
- 30+ video lessons with an accompanying workbook to build a comprehensive book promotion plan
- A library of video tutorials and walk throughs, additional resources, templates, and examples
Slow Hustle (original cost of $2700 is now $1620; monthly payments of $150 and quarterly payments of $435 are also available)
Slow Hustle is my business mastermind program for folks who want to build values-based businesses, but who feel overwhelmed by all that the process entails. Over the course of a year, I walk you through all the steps it takes to build a sustainable business at a pace that’s reasonable for you.
In the course we cover:
- January: Building a Values-led Business
- February: Defining Your Audience
- March: Choosing Communication Channels
- April: Creating & Scheduling Content
- May: Clarifying Your Business Model(s) & Revenue Streams
- June: Designing Services and/or Products
- July: Developing/Revising Your Website
- August: Experimenting with Marketing, Sales Funnels & Launches
- September: Structuring Your Finances & Accounting
- October: Onboarding Customers & Creating Automations
- November: Choosing When & How to Outsource
- December: Planning Strategically for Business Growth
Slow Hustle also comes with a lifetime membership to Prolific, my online community focused on meaningful productivity.
(Since this is a live course that I offer throughout the year in 2024, I may need to cap this engagement. Enrollment will only remain open for this program through the course start date.)
Not ready to purchase any of these courses yet? No problem – for most of these you have the whole year! (I’ll also be sharing information in my monthly newsletters throughout the year as a reminder to folks.)
If you have questions about any of the courses above, email me. I’m happy to chat more about whether any of these courses is a good fit for you and your goals.
Cheers to lifelong learning!