Even when the world feels heavy, I still want to set goals.
There’s something about goal setting that motivates me, offers me hope for the future, and pulls me forward into a New Year.
For 2022, I decided to focus on goals that I thought would be really fun to work toward. I chose several goals that will take a while for me to achieve, so that I can look forward to working on them all year long.
I definitely had some themes with my goals this year. A lot of them are focused on reading, which has been a balm for me during this pandemic time. I had several other goals that fell into a category of taking care of my mental, physical, and emotional health. And then some of my goals are ones that I will complete with my partner, so those are listed separately.
You’ll also see that I left four slots empty for goals that I want to add during each quarter of the year. If I learned anything from 2020 and 2021, it’s that I need to hold space for the unexpected.
Without further ado, here are my 22 goals for 2022:
- Post at least two videos per month to my YouTube channel related to books and reading (in other words, practice becoming a book vlogger… you can see my first video here).
- Read over 150 books throughout the year (see what I’m currently reading by connecting with me on Goodreads).
- Read the 14 books in Robert Jordan’s “Wheel of Time” series.
- Read the 17 books in Louise Penny’s “Inspector Gamache” series.
- Complete an alphabet reading challenge each month to read more books that I already own (see more about this challenge in this YouTube video).
- Contribute to a little free library in my neighborhood.
- Visit all of the 26 different branches of the Denver Public Library and choose my favorite one.
- Maintain my daily Spanish language practice (so that I can eventually read fluently in Spanish).
Goals that support my mental, physical & emotional health
- Experiment with an art journal (and fill the 240-page sketch book I bought for this purpose).
- Meditate daily for at least 15 minutes.
- Complete at least one 30-day yoga challenge.
- Explore at least five different walking trails in the Denver area.
- Walk 10k steps per day the majority of the days in the year (183+ days).
- Walk or run over 1000 miles throughout the year (on average, a little less than 3 miles per day).
- Walk a half marathon.
Goals with my partner
- Pay off 15% of our mortgage.
- Double the amount in our current savings account by the end of the year.
- Watch all the Star Trek movies together.
- TBD for Q1
- TBD for Q2
- TBD for Q3
- TBD for Q4
What are some of your goals for 2022?