It’s been a bit of a rough week, hasn’t it?
Actually, all of October has been pretty rough.
I thought it might be useful to offer a little levity this week. I’m going to take a breather from my usual content and offer a few random facts that might offer you a smile. Hopefully, this post also gives you the opportunity to take a bit of a breather as well.
(To ensure complete honesty, and to provide variety, I’ve roped my partner of 14 years, Ben, into helping me generate some of the following items.)
- I have 49 tabs open in two browsers on my computer right now.
- My favorite Halloween movie is Hocus Pocus.
- I’m horrible at geography and can’t tell you the location of most countries.
- I’m currently more than a little obsessed with Daiya vegan cheddar cheese.
- I haven’t vacuumed the upstairs of my house for several weeks.
- Last weekend, I tried to install some hooks in my laundry room and drilled a screw partly in the wall where it is now completely stuck and won’t go out or in. I covered it with a hanging jacket. Ben had to buy a special drill bit to remove the screw from the wall. It’s still stuck there.
- I have a phobia of spiders and can’t be in the same room when Ben is catching and killing one.
- I currently manage over ten websites for various projects.
- We never hand out Halloween candy. On Halloween night, Ben and I go hide in a Starbucks so we don’t have to interact with neighborhood children. We have done this for most of the years we have been together.
- I’m a dog person, but I’ve trained myself not to pet them since Ben’s allergic and I can’t track pet dander into our house.
- I started undergrad as a religion major.
- I started grad school planning to study French feminist literary theorists like Julia Kristeva.
- Every week, I check out books from the local library that I know I won’t have time to read. I feel vaguely guilty that I’m keeping them from other people who might actually read them, but not guilty enough not to do it.
- Two years ago, I tried and failed to write a romance novel.
- My super power is making frozen banana soft serve ice cream.
If you’ve got a minute, feel free to tell me some of your random facts in response. I’d love a smile or two.