Recently, I learned about the concept of a “house basket” and was instantly charmed.
Brandi Kincaid on Instagram shared about her house basket, or a container for different items that you carry around your house and want to have on hand.
I immediately set about making one for myself.
I already had a basket I could use (similar to this one) and here’s what I put inside:
- my powersheets planner
- my five-year journal (I’ve used this one since January 2020)
- my daily journal (I use this small notebook to write three pages each morning)
- the next book I want to read (this one is next on my list from a recent library haul)
- my iPad mini (I read a lot of ebooks on this so like to always have it near)
- a bottle of lotion & a small tub of Vaseline (the dryness of Denver is real!)
- my air pods
- a container of water
- a few extra pens and a highlighter
Here are some other items that I think would fit well into a house basket:
- small craft projects like knitting or cross stitch
- magazines that you want to read
- a laptop or other digital devices
- supplies (cards, stamps, etc.) for correspondence
- cozy socks or slippers
So far, I’m loving this concept. What would you put in your house basket?