Every year, I facilitate a session for Prolific members on reflecting on the past year’s accomplishments.
(Psssst! Now is a great time to join Prolific before our 2021 events calendar starts! Check it out to see if you want to join the community for weekly accountability, monthly goals and intention setting, live events, and more!)
Because our brains like to play tricks on us about how much we accomplish in a certain amount of time, I find that it’s often easy to forget or undervalue what we have done in the past.
This might be especially true for 2020.
So, pull out your CV, comb through your planner and calendar, and look through your projects and to-do lists. Let’s reflect on some of our 2020 accomplishments together.
Here are some of mine that I’m most proud of:
- moving from Oregon to Kansas
- starting a new job and then transitioning into a new role in that job partway through the year
- publishing Going Alt-Ac: A Guide to Alternative Academic Careers
- launching my coach training program and training 20+ new coaches in two cohorts (the 2021 January cohort is currently enrolling!)
- working with 13 more small business owners in my Slow Hustle business mastermind (the 2021 cohort is currently enrolling!)
- successfully transitioning to working from home
- starting my yoga practice
- creating and launching Blend by Design
- completing a 200-hour yoga teacher training and beginning my 300-hour training
- teaching over 30 hours of yoga to a range of different clients (sign up for a free session with me here!)
- studying for and passing the PMP exam
- adding 250+ hours to my private coaching experience (I’m at 790 hours and counting!) and up-leveling to a PCC coaching credential from ICF
- designing my first virtual planning and yoga retreat
- completing our landscaping project
- writing daily morning pages in my journal (here’s a recent blog post I wrote on starting a journaling practice)
- published a chapter in this book
- growing out my hair by about 5 inches
- reading 109 (and counting!) books this year (come find me on Goodreads!)
- recording and sharing three more seasons of the Coach to Coach podcast
- more than doubling the annual revenue in our business
- paying off over 35% of our mortgage this year
What are some of your most meaningful accomplishments from 2020?