Last year, I started what is now an annual tradition of taking July off of new content creation.
Basically what this means is that I release archived content on the podcast channel and take a break from the blog during the month of July so that I can rest my creative muscles a bit.
I also usually use the month to turn my attention toward other creative projects or ideas that have been cooking in the first part of the year and that now need more of my time and energy.
This year, I’ll be focusing on the following during the month of July:
- Designing my new coach training program. While this doesn’t launch until early 2020 (and there isn’t even a website yet), this project is taking a ton of creative energy to develop. In July, I’ll be working on getting a lot of the training guide drafted (I’m at 15k words so far!), finalizing the syllabi for each course in the program, and starting to create some copy for the website that I’ll be putting together in the fall. I’m loving every minute of working on this project, so I’m grateful that I’ll have more time to devote in July to keep it moving forward.
- Drafting a new keynote. I’m currently working with a coach on creating a new keynote on Radical Self-Trust and, so far, it’s been a lot of fun! This project will continue throughout the summer, but a good portion of the work is happening in July. Part of the process is a lot of reflective writing and meetings with the coach I’ve hired, so giving more mental energy to this project will be an important part of my summer.
- Revising my business brand. With the coach training enrollment launching in the coming months, it felt like the right time to think about the overall brand for my business. I’ve struggled with keeping the brand cohesive over time since I create so many different projects, so I hired a branding agency to help me think through the next steps of what the business brand should look like and feel like. Already, I am so happy that I made the decision to work with experts on this because it means I can place a lot of my creative energy elsewhere. Like the keynote work, this is a multi-month process, but a good portion of my thinking and contributions will happen in July.
- Launching What’s Next. I have a new group coaching program that starts on July 7 and that timing was very intentional. I knew that I would be able to devote more time to the participants in the program if I wasn’t also creating content, so this four-week program starts and finishes in the month of July. The program is focused on supporting people who are in various transitions in their work and lives, and I couldn’t be more excited to dive in with them. (You can learn more about the program at https://katielinder.work/next)
I would love to hear about your July plans, so let me know what you’re up to! I’ll be back in early August updating you on all I accomplished in July, so stay tuned.
To think on:
- What would a restful July look like for you?
- What projects do you want to give more creative energy to right now?