In my last check in, I shared about my annual tradition of taking July off of new content creation (particularly my podcasts and blog) and some of my plans for July 2019. Now, it’s time to check in and see what I was able to accomplish over the month. You can also hear more about my debrief in this podcast episode.
Here’s what I wanted to focus on during the month of July and here’s what actually happened:
- Designing my new coach training program. I started the month with a training guide draft of 15k words and I’m happy to report that I was able to double that and bring the draft to 30k words by the end of the month. I also created a comprehensive Airtable to help me manage this project and have been updating that throughout the month. By outlining the guide in Airtable, I can see that I’m at about the halfway point with the manuscript. I also created some lists and notes to help me organize my thoughts on the website I’ll be building for this project.
- Drafting a new keynote. I’m currently working with a coach on creating a new keynote on Radical Self-Trust and I was able to get a full outline completed over the month of July. My next step is to flesh out the outline and I’ll be working on that in the next week. The opportunity to talk through my thoughts on RST with someone else has been such an important component of building out this keynote, so I’m really happy I chose to work with a coach on this project.
- Revising my business brand. I mentioned in my Restful July plans that I had hired a branding agency to help me think through the next steps of what my business brand should look like and feel like. We met throughout the month of July and I’ll be getting the final brand design on August 8. This was such a fun process and I’m excited to roll out the new brand over the coming months. You can expect to see quite a few changes to this newsletter, my website, the podcast channel, social media, and more.
- Launching What’s Next. I spent Sunday afternoons throughout the month of July meeting with participants in my What’s Next group coaching program. This was an incredible experience and I loved our time together each week. It was such a privilege to hold space for people as they were decided the next big (and small) steps to take in their work and personal lives. I’m not sure when I’m going to offer this program again, but keep an eye out for another offering this fall/winter.
In addition to the above projects, I also moved offices at work, hosted 9 scholars from across the U.S. for a week-long research seminar program, kept up my morning pages routine, walked 10k steps every day, read ten books (8 fiction and 2 non-fiction), took lots of afternoon naps on the weekends, and started recording some episodes for a new podcast project (more on this soon, but it’s focused on coaching!).
Altogether, it was a great month. What did July look like for you?
To think on:
- How is your current project list shaping up?
- What are you most excited to complete in the coming weeks or months?